Fire is the biggest risk to guests. All guests need to make themselves familiar with the contents of this Notice.
Under the terms of the Fire Safety Regulation Part 3 Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 a full Fire Risk Assessment has been conducted and measures put in place to mitigate that risk through provision of alarms; guidance on best practice and having an Emergency Fire Action Plan in place and displayed in the cottage.
BEST FIRE SAFETY PRACTICE
- On arrival familiarise yourselves with the exits;
- Keep the hallway clear of obstructions that could impede your exit;
- At night keep doors to bedrooms closed;
- Leave the front and back door keys in the locks at night.
EMERGENCY FIRE ACTION PLAN (on display in the cottage)
- If you cannot safely extinguish or contain the fire phone 999 and ask for the Fire and Rescue Service;
- Get out of the cottage and stay out;
- If no phone is accessible or there is no mobile signal: ALERT THE NEIGHBOURS
When calling the emergency services the address is:
Springbank Cottage 15 Elgol Isle of Skye IV49 9BL
The house phone number is 01471 866203
Smoke alarms – these are mains electricity connected and located in the lounge and the hallway. If there are any issues with the working of these alarms refer to the leaflet in the information folder and report it – 07747 713767.
- A fire blanket and fire extinguisher are located in the kitchen.
- Fire extinguishers are also located in the utility room and environmental activities room.
WOOD BURNING STOVE
- Only use the wood provided.
- Make sure the door is properly secured and do not use it as an open fire.
- Ensure that the fire is tended during the starting process.
- Ensure it is damped down at night or if you are leaving it unattended.
- Be aware that the surface of the stove can get extremely hot so do not touch it.
NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNSUPERVISED IN THE VICINITY OF THE STOVE
- The burning of candles inside the cottage is NOT permitted under any circumstances.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the cottage under any circumstances.
Springbank Cottage. Classified by The Highland Council as a Self Catering Unit. Ref 04050446500