Springbank Cottage is located in Elgol which is situated in the south of Skye.
Getting there by car:
- About 15 miles from Broadford along one of the most scenic routes in the British Isles.
- Around 25 miles from the Skye Bridge (toll-free).
- Just over 100 miles from Inverness (international airport).
- About 200 miles from Glasgow (international airport).
Please note that when coming from the South, many Sat Navs will direct you to Mallaig on the mainland as being the shortest route to Skye. Do not follow these directions unless you have pre-booked the car ferry from Mallaig to Armadale. This ferry has limited capacity, sails infrequently and is costly. The free Skye Bridge crossing is at Kyle of Lochalsh and sat navs should be programmed to direct you to Kyle of Lochalsh.
There is a small car ferry crossing at Glenelg to Kylerhea which operates in summer only.
Getting there by public transport:
- Twice daily bus service from Broadford.
- Coach connection in Broadford to Glasgow.
- Bus connection in Broadford to Armadale for ferry to Mallaig and train connection to Fort William and Glasgow).
- Bus connection to Kyle of Lochalsh and train connection to Inverness.